共通テスト(英語) 過去問
令和5年度(2023年度)本試験
問171 (<旧課程>英語リスニング(第6問) 問4)
問題文
会話を聞き、それぞれの問いの答えとして最も適切なものを、選択肢のうちから一つずつ選びなさい。
<状況>
寮に住む四人の学生(Mary, Jimmy, Lisa, Kota)が、就職後に住む場所について話し合っています。
Mary:Yay! We all got jobs downtown! I’m so relieved and excited.
Jimmy:You said it, Mary! So, are you going to get a place near your office or in the suburbs?
Mary:Oh, definitely close to the company. I’m not a morning person, so I need to be near the office. You should live near me, Lisa!
Lisa:Sorry, Mary. The rent is too expensive. I want to save money. How about you, Kota?
Kota:I’m with you, Lisa. I don’t mind waking up early and commuting to work by train. You know, while commuting I can listen to music.
Jimmy:Oh, come on, you guys. We should enjoy the city life while we’re young. There are so many things to do downtown.
Mary:Jimmy’s right. Also, I want to get a dog. If I live near the office, I can get home earlier and take it for longer walks.
Lisa:Mary, don’t you think your dog would be happier in the suburbs, where there’s a lot more space?
Mary:Yeah, you may be right, Lisa. Hmm, now I have to think again.
Kota:Well, I want space for my training equipment. I wouldn’t have that space in a tiny downtown apartment.
Jimmy:That might be true for you, Kota. For me, a small apartment downtown is just fine. In fact, I’ve already found a good one.
Lisa:Great! When can we come over?
会話を踏まえて、Lisaの考えの根拠となる図表を、四つの選択肢のうちから一つ選びなさい。
<状況>
寮に住む四人の学生(Mary, Jimmy, Lisa, Kota)が、就職後に住む場所について話し合っています。
Mary:Yay! We all got jobs downtown! I’m so relieved and excited.
Jimmy:You said it, Mary! So, are you going to get a place near your office or in the suburbs?
Mary:Oh, definitely close to the company. I’m not a morning person, so I need to be near the office. You should live near me, Lisa!
Lisa:Sorry, Mary. The rent is too expensive. I want to save money. How about you, Kota?
Kota:I’m with you, Lisa. I don’t mind waking up early and commuting to work by train. You know, while commuting I can listen to music.
Jimmy:Oh, come on, you guys. We should enjoy the city life while we’re young. There are so many things to do downtown.
Mary:Jimmy’s right. Also, I want to get a dog. If I live near the office, I can get home earlier and take it for longer walks.
Lisa:Mary, don’t you think your dog would be happier in the suburbs, where there’s a lot more space?
Mary:Yeah, you may be right, Lisa. Hmm, now I have to think again.
Kota:Well, I want space for my training equipment. I wouldn’t have that space in a tiny downtown apartment.
Jimmy:That might be true for you, Kota. For me, a small apartment downtown is just fine. In fact, I’ve already found a good one.
Lisa:Great! When can we come over?
会話を踏まえて、Lisaの考えの根拠となる図表を、四つの選択肢のうちから一つ選びなさい。
このページは閲覧用ページです。
履歴を残すには、 「新しく出題する(ここをクリック)」 をご利用ください。
問題
反映中…
共通テスト(英語)試験 令和5年度(2023年度)本試験 問171(<旧課程>英語リスニング(第6問) 問4) (訂正依頼・報告はこちら)
会話を聞き、それぞれの問いの答えとして最も適切なものを、選択肢のうちから一つずつ選びなさい。
<状況>
寮に住む四人の学生(Mary, Jimmy, Lisa, Kota)が、就職後に住む場所について話し合っています。
Mary:Yay! We all got jobs downtown! I’m so relieved and excited.
Jimmy:You said it, Mary! So, are you going to get a place near your office or in the suburbs?
Mary:Oh, definitely close to the company. I’m not a morning person, so I need to be near the office. You should live near me, Lisa!
Lisa:Sorry, Mary. The rent is too expensive. I want to save money. How about you, Kota?
Kota:I’m with you, Lisa. I don’t mind waking up early and commuting to work by train. You know, while commuting I can listen to music.
Jimmy:Oh, come on, you guys. We should enjoy the city life while we’re young. There are so many things to do downtown.
Mary:Jimmy’s right. Also, I want to get a dog. If I live near the office, I can get home earlier and take it for longer walks.
Lisa:Mary, don’t you think your dog would be happier in the suburbs, where there’s a lot more space?
Mary:Yeah, you may be right, Lisa. Hmm, now I have to think again.
Kota:Well, I want space for my training equipment. I wouldn’t have that space in a tiny downtown apartment.
Jimmy:That might be true for you, Kota. For me, a small apartment downtown is just fine. In fact, I’ve already found a good one.
Lisa:Great! When can we come over?
会話を踏まえて、Lisaの考えの根拠となる図表を、四つの選択肢のうちから一つ選びなさい。
<状況>
寮に住む四人の学生(Mary, Jimmy, Lisa, Kota)が、就職後に住む場所について話し合っています。
Mary:Yay! We all got jobs downtown! I’m so relieved and excited.
Jimmy:You said it, Mary! So, are you going to get a place near your office or in the suburbs?
Mary:Oh, definitely close to the company. I’m not a morning person, so I need to be near the office. You should live near me, Lisa!
Lisa:Sorry, Mary. The rent is too expensive. I want to save money. How about you, Kota?
Kota:I’m with you, Lisa. I don’t mind waking up early and commuting to work by train. You know, while commuting I can listen to music.
Jimmy:Oh, come on, you guys. We should enjoy the city life while we’re young. There are so many things to do downtown.
Mary:Jimmy’s right. Also, I want to get a dog. If I live near the office, I can get home earlier and take it for longer walks.
Lisa:Mary, don’t you think your dog would be happier in the suburbs, where there’s a lot more space?
Mary:Yeah, you may be right, Lisa. Hmm, now I have to think again.
Kota:Well, I want space for my training equipment. I wouldn’t have that space in a tiny downtown apartment.
Jimmy:That might be true for you, Kota. For me, a small apartment downtown is just fine. In fact, I’ve already found a good one.
Lisa:Great! When can we come over?
会話を踏まえて、Lisaの考えの根拠となる図表を、四つの選択肢のうちから一つ選びなさい。
正解!素晴らしいです
残念...
画像拡大
この過去問の解説 (3件)
01
最も適切なのは、「Average Monthly Rent(1か月あたりの平均家賃)」を示した棒グラフです。
Lisaは会話の中で、
「The rent is too expensive. I want to save money.」
と話しています。これは、「家賃が高すぎます。私はお金を貯めたいです」という意味です。つまりLisaは、街の中心部ではなく郊外に住みたい理由として、家賃の安さを重視しています。
「Average Monthly Rent」のグラフでは、街の中心部の平均家賃は約70,000円、郊外は約45,000円となっており、郊外のほうが家賃が安いことが分かります。これはLisaの考えを直接裏付けています。
これは「1か月にペットへ使うお金」を示した図です。
会話ではMaryが犬を飼いたいと話していますが、Lisaが郊外に住みたい理由は、ペットにかかる費用ではありません。
Lisaは家賃が高いのでお金を節約したいと話しているため、この図はLisaの考えの根拠にはなりません。
これは「1か月あたりの平均家賃」を示した図です。
街の中心部では約70,000円、郊外では約45,000円となっており、街の中心部のほうが家賃がかなり高いことが分かります。
Lisaは、
「The rent is too expensive. I want to save money.」
と話しているため、家賃の安い郊外を選びたいというLisaの考えと一致します。
したがって、この図がLisaの考えを最もよく支えています。
これは「通勤中に人気のある3つの活動」を示した図です。
「ニュースを聞く」「ビジネス雑誌を読む」「軽い運動をする」が示されています。
会話ではKotaが、電車で通勤している間に音楽を聞けると話しています。しかし、Lisaが郊外を選ぶ理由は通勤時間の過ごし方ではなく、家賃を抑えてお金を貯めることです。
そのため、Lisaの考えの根拠にはなりません。
これは「住む場所を選ぶ理由」を示した図です。
建物の安全性、地域の治安、買い物の便利さについての割合が示されています。
しかし、Lisaはこれらを理由として挙げていません。Lisaがはっきり述べているのは、街の中心部は家賃が高く、お金を節約したいということです。
したがって、この図はLisaの発言を直接支えるものではありません。
この問題では、Lisaの発言の中から、住む場所を決める理由となっている部分を見つけることがポイントです。
Lisaは、
「The rent is too expensive.」
=「家賃が高すぎる」
「I want to save money.」
=「お金を貯めたい」
と話しています。
そのため、必要なのは街の中心部と郊外の家賃を比較した資料です。
「Average Monthly Rent」のグラフでは、郊外の家賃が街の中心部より安いことが示されているため、Lisaが郊外に住みたいと考える根拠として最も適切です。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
02
設問:会話を踏まえて、Lisaの考えの根拠となる図表を、四つの選択肢のうちから一つ選びなさい。
問題のポイント
①Lisaは、「ダウンタウンは家賃が高い」と述べています。
②家賃を表すグラフを選びましょう。
訳)
Mary:やった!みんなダウンタウンで仕事が決まったね!本当にホッとしてるし、ワクワクする。
Jimmy:本当だね(You said it※)、Mary!それでさ、君は会社の近くに住む?それとも郊外?
Mary:ああ、絶対に会社の近くがいい。私は朝型の人間でないから会社の近くに住まないと。Lisaも私の近所に住んだらいいのに!
Lisa:ごめんね、Mary. 家賃が高すぎるのよ。私はお金を貯めたいの。Kotaはどう?
Kota:僕もLisaと同じ意見だよ。早起きして電車で通勤する気にならないし。それに通勤中に音楽も聴けるしね。
Jimmy:もう、君たちさ。若いうちは都会の生活を楽しむべきだよ。ダウンタウンにはやることがたくさんあるんだから。
Mary:Jimmyの言う通りね。それに私、犬を飼いたいの。もし会社の近くに住めば、早く帰れるし、犬をもって長い散歩に連れて行ける。
Lisa:Mary、でも郊外の方が広い場所があるし、犬はそっちの方が幸せじゃない?
Mary:うん、確かにそうかもしれないね、Lisa。うーん、もう1回考え直さなきゃ。
Kota:まあ僕は、トレーニング器具を置くスペースが欲しいんだ。ダウンタウンの小さいアパートじゃ、そのスペースは確保できないよ。
Jimmy:それはKotaには当てはまるかもね。でも僕にとっては、ダウンタウンの小さなアパートでも十分だよ。実はもう、いい部屋を見つけたんだ。
Lisa:いいね!いつ遊びに行ってもいい?
・I’m relieved:ホッとしている
・definitely(副詞):絶対に
・a morning person:朝型の人間
・suburb(名詞):郊外
・training equipment:トレーニングする道具
・tiny(形容詞):小さな
※You said itは相手の発言に完全に同意するときに使うカジュアルな表現です。日本語では「言えてる!」「その通りだよね」のようなニュアンスになります。
不正解
グラフのタイトルは「1カ月にかかるペットの費用」です。
犬を飼いたいと言っているMaryに関係するグラフです。Lisaはダウンタウンの家賃の話しをしているため不正解です。
正解
グラフのタイトルは「毎月の平均家賃」です。
左の棒グラフはダウンタウンの平均家賃、右は郊外の平均家賃を表しています。
Lisaは、「家賃が(ダウンタウンの)高すぎるのよ」述べており、このグラフがそれを示しているため正解です。
不正解
グラフのタイトルは「通勤中の人気のある活動」です。
Lisaはダウンタウンの家賃の話しをしているため不正解です。
不正解
グラフのタイトルは「住む場所を決めた理由」です。
Lisaはダウンタウンの家賃の話しをしているため不正解です。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
03
Lisaは、家賃の高さを言及していました。
したがって、家賃絡みの図表を選びます。
Money Spent on Pets per Month
「月ごとのペットにかけるお金」
「毎月のペットにかけるお金」
正解
「月毎の家賃の平均」
「通勤中の人気のある3つの活動」
「住む場所を選んだ理由」
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
前の問題(問170)へ
令和5年度(2023年度)本試験 問題一覧