共通テスト(英語) 過去問
令和5年度(2023年度)追・再試験
問10 (<旧課程>英語リーディング(第2問) 問5)
問題文
各問いの英文や図表を読み、解答番号にあてはまるものとして最も適当な選択肢を選びなさい。
You are a member of a school newspaper club and received a message from Paul,an exchange student from the US.
I have a suggestion for our next issue. The other day,I was looking for a new wallet for myself and found a website selling small slim wallets which are designed to hold cards and a few bills. Weighing only 60 g,they look stylish.
As I mainly use electronic money,this type of wallet seemed useful. I shared the link with my friends and asked them what they thought. Here are their comments:
● I use a similar wallet now,and it holds cards securely.
● They look perfect for me as I walk a lot,and it would be easy to carry.
● I’d definitely use one if the store near my house accepted electronic money.
● Cards take up very little space. Cashless payments make it easier to collect points.
● I use both electronic money and cash. What would I do with my coins?
● Interesting! Up to 6 cards can fit in it,but for me that is a card−holder,not a wallet.
● I like to keep things like receipts in my wallet. When I asked my brother,though,he told me he wanted one!
● They are so compact that I might not even notice if I lost mine.
When I talked with them,even those who don’t like this type of wallet pointed out some merits of using cards and electronic money. This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins,and I thought this might be a good topic for our newspaper. What do you think?
Paul wants to find out more about ( 10 ).
You are a member of a school newspaper club and received a message from Paul,an exchange student from the US.
I have a suggestion for our next issue. The other day,I was looking for a new wallet for myself and found a website selling small slim wallets which are designed to hold cards and a few bills. Weighing only 60 g,they look stylish.
As I mainly use electronic money,this type of wallet seemed useful. I shared the link with my friends and asked them what they thought. Here are their comments:
● I use a similar wallet now,and it holds cards securely.
● They look perfect for me as I walk a lot,and it would be easy to carry.
● I’d definitely use one if the store near my house accepted electronic money.
● Cards take up very little space. Cashless payments make it easier to collect points.
● I use both electronic money and cash. What would I do with my coins?
● Interesting! Up to 6 cards can fit in it,but for me that is a card−holder,not a wallet.
● I like to keep things like receipts in my wallet. When I asked my brother,though,he told me he wanted one!
● They are so compact that I might not even notice if I lost mine.
When I talked with them,even those who don’t like this type of wallet pointed out some merits of using cards and electronic money. This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins,and I thought this might be a good topic for our newspaper. What do you think?
Paul wants to find out more about ( 10 ).
このページは閲覧用ページです。
履歴を残すには、 「新しく出題する(ここをクリック)」 をご利用ください。
問題
共通テスト(英語)試験 令和5年度(2023年度)追・再試験 問10(<旧課程>英語リーディング(第2問) 問5) (訂正依頼・報告はこちら)
各問いの英文や図表を読み、解答番号にあてはまるものとして最も適当な選択肢を選びなさい。
You are a member of a school newspaper club and received a message from Paul,an exchange student from the US.
I have a suggestion for our next issue. The other day,I was looking for a new wallet for myself and found a website selling small slim wallets which are designed to hold cards and a few bills. Weighing only 60 g,they look stylish.
As I mainly use electronic money,this type of wallet seemed useful. I shared the link with my friends and asked them what they thought. Here are their comments:
● I use a similar wallet now,and it holds cards securely.
● They look perfect for me as I walk a lot,and it would be easy to carry.
● I’d definitely use one if the store near my house accepted electronic money.
● Cards take up very little space. Cashless payments make it easier to collect points.
● I use both electronic money and cash. What would I do with my coins?
● Interesting! Up to 6 cards can fit in it,but for me that is a card−holder,not a wallet.
● I like to keep things like receipts in my wallet. When I asked my brother,though,he told me he wanted one!
● They are so compact that I might not even notice if I lost mine.
When I talked with them,even those who don’t like this type of wallet pointed out some merits of using cards and electronic money. This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins,and I thought this might be a good topic for our newspaper. What do you think?
Paul wants to find out more about ( 10 ).
You are a member of a school newspaper club and received a message from Paul,an exchange student from the US.
I have a suggestion for our next issue. The other day,I was looking for a new wallet for myself and found a website selling small slim wallets which are designed to hold cards and a few bills. Weighing only 60 g,they look stylish.
As I mainly use electronic money,this type of wallet seemed useful. I shared the link with my friends and asked them what they thought. Here are their comments:
● I use a similar wallet now,and it holds cards securely.
● They look perfect for me as I walk a lot,and it would be easy to carry.
● I’d definitely use one if the store near my house accepted electronic money.
● Cards take up very little space. Cashless payments make it easier to collect points.
● I use both electronic money and cash. What would I do with my coins?
● Interesting! Up to 6 cards can fit in it,but for me that is a card−holder,not a wallet.
● I like to keep things like receipts in my wallet. When I asked my brother,though,he told me he wanted one!
● They are so compact that I might not even notice if I lost mine.
When I talked with them,even those who don’t like this type of wallet pointed out some merits of using cards and electronic money. This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins,and I thought this might be a good topic for our newspaper. What do you think?
Paul wants to find out more about ( 10 ).
- different types of electronic money
- students’reasons for using cash
- the benefits of slim wallets for young people
- the differences between small and large wallets
正解!素晴らしいです
残念...
画像拡大
この過去問の解説 (3件)
01
最も適切なのは、students’ reasons for using cashです。
これは「学生が現金を使う理由」という意味です。
Paulは最後に、
「This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins」
と書いています。
これは、「なぜ多くの学生が今でも紙幣や硬貨を使っているのだろうと思った」という意味です。
「bills and coins」は現金のことなので、Paulは学生が現金を使い続ける理由について、さらに調べたいと考えています。
本文には電子マネーについての話は出てきますが、Paulは電子マネーにどのような種類があるのかを調べたいとは述べていません。
Paulが疑問に思ったのは、電子マネーがあるのに、なぜ多くの学生が紙幣や硬貨を使っているのかということです。
そのため、この内容は当てはまりません。
「学生が現金を使う理由」という意味です。
Paulは、
「why many students still use bills and coins」
と書いています。
「bills and coins」は「紙幣と硬貨」、つまりcash(現金)を表します。
また、「why」は「なぜ」という意味なので、Paulが知りたいのは、学生が現金を使う理由です。
したがって、この選択肢が本文の内容と一致します。
「若者にとってのスリム財布の利点」という意味です。
友人たちは、スリム財布について「持ち運びやすい」「カードを安全に入れられる」などの利点を述べています。
しかし、Paulが最後にもっと調べたいと考えたのは、スリム財布の利点ではありません。
Paulの関心は、なぜ学生が今でも現金を使うのかという点に移っています。
そのため、この内容は当てはまりません。
「小さい財布と大きい財布の違い」という意味です。
本文では、小さくて薄い財布について説明されていますが、大きい財布との違いを詳しく調べたいとは書かれていません。
Paulは財布の大きさではなく、学生の支払い方法、特に現金を使う理由に興味を持っています。
そのため、この選択肢は合いません。
この問題では、本文の最後にあるPaulの疑問に注目することが大切です。
Paulは、
「why many students still use bills and coins」
=「なぜ多くの学生が今でも紙幣や硬貨を使っているのか」
と考えています。
ここで、
bills and coins
=
cash
なので、
why students use bills and coins
↓
students’ reasons for using cash
という言い換えになります。
したがって、Paulがさらに調べたいのは、students’ reasons for using cashです。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
02
問題文は
「ポールは( )についてもっと知りたい。」
ポールが知りたい内容が書かれているところを見ていきます。
該当箇所は
When I talked with them,even those who don’t like this type of wallet pointed out some merits of using cards and electronic money. This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins
(友人と話していると、このタイプの財布が好きじゃない人でさえ、カードや電子マネーを使うメリットを指摘している。これが私に、なぜ多くの学生が依然として紙幣や小銭を使うのか疑問に思わせました。)
です。
つまり、ポールが知りたいことは、「なぜ多くの学生が依然として紙幣や小銭を使うのか」です。
「異なる種類の電子マネー」
正解「生徒が現金を使う理由」
内容と一致します。
「若い人にとって、スリムな財布をもつ利点」
「小さな財布と大きな財布の違い」
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
03
Paulは( 10 )についてもっと知りたいと思っている。という問題です。
訳)
あなたは学校新聞の一員で、アメリカからの交換留学生であるPaulからメッセージを受け取りました。
・exchange student : 交換留学生
次の記事について提案があります。先日、自分用に新しい財布を探していて、カードと数枚のお札を入れるためにデザインされた、薄くて小さい財布を販売しているウェブサイトを見つけました。重さはわずか60gで、とてもおしゃれに見えました。
・issue(名詞) : 記事
私は主に電子マネーを使っているので、このタイプの財布は便利そうだと思いました。そこで、そのリンクを友達と共有して、どう思うか聞いてみました。以下はそのコメントです。
●今似たような財布を使っているけど、カードがしっかり収まるよ。
●よく歩く私にはぴったりだと思う。持ち運びもしやすそう。
●家の近くの店が電子マネーに対応していたら、ぜひ使いたい。
●カードはほとんど場所を取らないし、キャッシュレス決済だとポイントも貯めやすい。
●電子マネーと現金の両方を使っているけど、小銭はどうすればいいの?
●面白いね!最大6枚のカードが入るみたいだけど、私にとっては財布じゃなくてカードケースかな。
●レシートのようなものも財布に入れておきたいんだ。弟に聞いてみたら、欲しいって言ってたけどね!
●あまりにもコンパクトだから、なくしても気づかないかもしれない。
・similar(形容詞) : 似ている
・securely(副詞) : しっかりと、安全に
・definitely(副詞) : 間違いなく、絶対に
・up to : 最大~
彼らと話してみると、このタイプの財布が好きではない人たちでさえ、カードや電子マネーを使うことの利点をいくつか挙げていました。そこで、なぜ多くの学生が今でもお札や小銭を使っているのだろうと疑問に思いましたし、これは学校新聞の良い話題になるのではないかと思いました。あなたはどう思いますか?
・point out : 指摘する
・merit of ~ing : ~するメリット
不正解
さまざまな種類の電子マネーという意味です。
電子マネーの種類には触れていないので不正解です。
正解
学生たちが現金を使う理由という意味です。
本文の最後に、This made me wonder why many students still use bills and coins,and I thought this might be a good topic for our newspaper(なぜ多くの学生が今でもお札や小銭を使っているのだろうと疑問に思いましたし、これは学校新聞の良い話題になるのではないかと思いました).と記載があります。bills and coins=現金、why~?は理由を知りたいという意味なので正解です。
不正解
若者にとってのスリムな財布の利点という意味です。
メリットは友達が挙げていますが、Paulが知りたくなったのはその後の疑問(現金派の理由)のため不正解です。
・benefit(名詞) : 特典、メリット
不正解
小さい財布と大きい財布の違いという意味です。
支払い方法が焦点のため不正解です。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
前の問題(問9)へ
令和5年度(2023年度)追・再試験 問題一覧
次の問題(問11)へ