共通テスト(英語) 過去問
令和5年度(2023年度)追・再試験
問12 (<旧課程>英語リーディング(第2問) 問7)
問題文
各問いの英文や図表を読み、解答番号にあてはまるものとして最も適当な選択肢を選びなさい。
You are reading the following article as you are interested in studying overseas.
Summer in Britain
Chiaki Suzuki
November 2022
This year, I spent two weeks studying English. I chose to stay in a beautiful city, called Punton, and had a wonderful time there. There were many things to do, which was exciting. I was never bored. It can get expensive, but I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card. Also, I liked window−shopping and using the local library. I ate a variety of food from around the world, too, as there were many people from different cultural backgrounds living there. Most of the friends I made were from my English school, so I did not practice speaking English with the locals as much as I had expected. On the other hand, I came to have friends from many different countries. Lastly, I took public transport, which I found convenient and easy to use as it came frequently.
If I had stayed in the countryside, however, I would have seen a different side of life in Britain. My friend who stayed there had a lovely, relaxing experience. She said farmers sell their produce directly. Also, there are local theatres, bands, art and craft shows, restaurants, and some unusual activities like stream−jumping. However, getting around is not as easy, so it’s harder to keep busy. You need to walk some distance to catch buses or trains, which do not come as often. In fact, she had to keep a copy of the timetables. If I had been in the countryside, I probably would have walked around and chatted with the local people.
I had a rich cultural experience and I want to go back to Britain. However, next time I want to connect more with British people and eat more traditional British food.
With her student ID, Chiaki was able to ( 12 ).
You are reading the following article as you are interested in studying overseas.
Summer in Britain
Chiaki Suzuki
November 2022
This year, I spent two weeks studying English. I chose to stay in a beautiful city, called Punton, and had a wonderful time there. There were many things to do, which was exciting. I was never bored. It can get expensive, but I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card. Also, I liked window−shopping and using the local library. I ate a variety of food from around the world, too, as there were many people from different cultural backgrounds living there. Most of the friends I made were from my English school, so I did not practice speaking English with the locals as much as I had expected. On the other hand, I came to have friends from many different countries. Lastly, I took public transport, which I found convenient and easy to use as it came frequently.
If I had stayed in the countryside, however, I would have seen a different side of life in Britain. My friend who stayed there had a lovely, relaxing experience. She said farmers sell their produce directly. Also, there are local theatres, bands, art and craft shows, restaurants, and some unusual activities like stream−jumping. However, getting around is not as easy, so it’s harder to keep busy. You need to walk some distance to catch buses or trains, which do not come as often. In fact, she had to keep a copy of the timetables. If I had been in the countryside, I probably would have walked around and chatted with the local people.
I had a rich cultural experience and I want to go back to Britain. However, next time I want to connect more with British people and eat more traditional British food.
With her student ID, Chiaki was able to ( 12 ).
このページは閲覧用ページです。
履歴を残すには、 「新しく出題する(ここをクリック)」 をご利用ください。
問題
共通テスト(英語)試験 令和5年度(2023年度)追・再試験 問12(<旧課程>英語リーディング(第2問) 問7) (訂正依頼・報告はこちら)
各問いの英文や図表を読み、解答番号にあてはまるものとして最も適当な選択肢を選びなさい。
You are reading the following article as you are interested in studying overseas.
Summer in Britain
Chiaki Suzuki
November 2022
This year, I spent two weeks studying English. I chose to stay in a beautiful city, called Punton, and had a wonderful time there. There were many things to do, which was exciting. I was never bored. It can get expensive, but I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card. Also, I liked window−shopping and using the local library. I ate a variety of food from around the world, too, as there were many people from different cultural backgrounds living there. Most of the friends I made were from my English school, so I did not practice speaking English with the locals as much as I had expected. On the other hand, I came to have friends from many different countries. Lastly, I took public transport, which I found convenient and easy to use as it came frequently.
If I had stayed in the countryside, however, I would have seen a different side of life in Britain. My friend who stayed there had a lovely, relaxing experience. She said farmers sell their produce directly. Also, there are local theatres, bands, art and craft shows, restaurants, and some unusual activities like stream−jumping. However, getting around is not as easy, so it’s harder to keep busy. You need to walk some distance to catch buses or trains, which do not come as often. In fact, she had to keep a copy of the timetables. If I had been in the countryside, I probably would have walked around and chatted with the local people.
I had a rich cultural experience and I want to go back to Britain. However, next time I want to connect more with British people and eat more traditional British food.
With her student ID, Chiaki was able to ( 12 ).
You are reading the following article as you are interested in studying overseas.
Summer in Britain
Chiaki Suzuki
November 2022
This year, I spent two weeks studying English. I chose to stay in a beautiful city, called Punton, and had a wonderful time there. There were many things to do, which was exciting. I was never bored. It can get expensive, but I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card. Also, I liked window−shopping and using the local library. I ate a variety of food from around the world, too, as there were many people from different cultural backgrounds living there. Most of the friends I made were from my English school, so I did not practice speaking English with the locals as much as I had expected. On the other hand, I came to have friends from many different countries. Lastly, I took public transport, which I found convenient and easy to use as it came frequently.
If I had stayed in the countryside, however, I would have seen a different side of life in Britain. My friend who stayed there had a lovely, relaxing experience. She said farmers sell their produce directly. Also, there are local theatres, bands, art and craft shows, restaurants, and some unusual activities like stream−jumping. However, getting around is not as easy, so it’s harder to keep busy. You need to walk some distance to catch buses or trains, which do not come as often. In fact, she had to keep a copy of the timetables. If I had been in the countryside, I probably would have walked around and chatted with the local people.
I had a rich cultural experience and I want to go back to Britain. However, next time I want to connect more with British people and eat more traditional British food.
With her student ID, Chiaki was able to ( 12 ).
- enter the local library
- get reduced prices
- join a local student band
- use public transport for free
正解!素晴らしいです
残念...
画像拡大
この過去問の解説 (3件)
01
最も適切なのは、get reduced pricesです。
これは「割引された料金で利用する」「安い料金にしてもらう」という意味です。
本文には、
「I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card.」
とあります。
これは、「学生証を見せると学生割引を受けられた」という意味です。
そのため、学生証を使うことで、通常より安い料金で利用できたと分かります。
「地元の図書館に入る」という意味です。
Chiakiは本文で、地元の図書館を利用するのが好きだったと話しています。
しかし、学生証を見せたから図書館に入れたとは書かれていません。
学生証について書かれているのは、学生割引を受ける場面です。
そのため、この内容は当てはまりません。
「割引された料金にしてもらう」という意味です。
本文には、
「getting student discounts when I showed my student card」
とあります。
「student discounts」は「学生割引」という意味です。
つまり、
student discounts
=
reduced prices
という言い換えになっています。
学生証を見せることで、通常より安い料金で利用できたため、この選択肢が最も適切です。
「地元の学生バンドに参加する」という意味です。
本文には、田舎には地元の劇場やバンドなどがあるという説明はあります。
しかし、Chiakiがバンドに参加したとは書かれていません。
また、学生証を使ってバンドに参加できたという内容もありません。
そのため、この選択肢は合いません。
「公共交通機関を無料で利用する」という意味です。
Chiakiはバスや電車などの公共交通機関を利用し、便利で使いやすかったと話しています。
しかし、学生証を使えば無料で利用できたとは書かれていません。
学生証によって受けられたのは「学生割引」であり、「無料」ではない点に注意が必要です。
この問題では、
「I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card.」
という文に注目します。
「student discounts」
=「学生割引」
なので、
学生証を見せる
↓
学生割引を受ける
↓
get reduced prices
と考えることができます。
したがって、最も適切なのは、get reduced pricesです。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
02
問題文は
「学生IDで、Chiakiは( )できた。」
内容に適するものを本文から探します。
該当する箇所は
I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card.
(学生証を見せると、学生割引を受けられたのが好きだった。)
となり、これに適するものを選びます。
「地方の図書館に入る」
正解 「割引価格を得る」
「reduced prices」=「reduced prices」であるため、正解です。
「その土地の生徒バンドに加わった」
「無料で交通機関を使う」
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
03
学生証を使って、Chiakiは( 12 )することができた。という問題です。
訳)
あなたは海外留学に興味があるので、次の記事を読んでいます。
イギリスの夏
Chiaki Suzuki
2022年11月
今年、私は2週間英語を学びました。私が選んだのは、パントンという美しい都市で、そこで素晴らしい時間を過ごしました。やることがたくさんあり、とても刺激的でした。退屈することは一度もありませんでした。物価は高くなることもありますが、学生証を見せると学生割引が受けれるのが気に入っていました。また、ウィンドウショッピングをしたり、地元の図書館を利用したりするのも好きでした。さらに、さまざまな文化的背景を持つ人々が住んでいたため、世界各国の料理を食べることができました。できた友達の多くは英語学校の仲間だったので、地元の人たちと英語を話す機会は、思っていたほど多くありませんでした。その一方で、多くの異なる国の友達ができました。最後に、公共交通機関を利用しましたが、本数が多く便利で使いやすいと感じました。
・background(名詞) : 背景
もし田舎に滞在していたら、イギリスの別の一面を見ることができたでしょう。そこに滞在していた友人は、とても穏やかでリラックスした体験をしたと言っていました。農家の人たちが作物を直接販売していたそうです。また、地元の劇場、バンド、アートやクラフトの展示会、レストランがあり、さらに川を飛び越えるような珍しい活動もあるそうです。しかし、移動はそれほど簡単ではなく、忙しく過ごすのは難しいとのことでした。バスや電車に乗るためにはある程度歩く必要があり、本数もあまり多くありません。実際、彼女は時刻表のコピーを持ち歩かなければならなかったそうです。もし私が田舎にいたら、歩き回って地元の人たちとおしゃべりしていたと思います。
・countryside(名詞) : 田舎
・produce(名詞) : 作物、産物
・directly(副詞) : 直接に
私はとても豊かな文化体験をし、またイギリスに行きたいと思っています。しかし次回はもっとイギリスの人々と交流し、より多くの伝統的なイギリス料理を食べたいと思っています。
不正解
地元の図書館に入ることができたという意味です。
図書館を利用したと記載がありますが、学生証で入れたとは述べられていないため不正解です。
正解
割引料金を受けられたという意味です。
1段落目の3行目に、I liked getting student discounts when I showed my student card(学生証を見せると学生割引が受けれるのが気に入っていました).と記載があります。student discounts=学生割引、つまり学生証を使って割引を受けられたということなので正解です。
不正解
地元の学生バンドに参加したという意味です。
本文に記載がないため不正解です。
不正解
公共交通機関を無料で使えたという意味です。
便利だったとは記載がありますが、無料だったとは述べられていないため不正解です。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
前の問題(問11)へ
令和5年度(2023年度)追・再試験 問題一覧
次の問題(問13)へ