共通テスト(英語) 過去問
令和6年度(2024年度)追・再試験
問16 (<旧課程>英語リーディング(第3問) 問1)
問題文
次の英文を読み、( )に当てはまる最も適当な選択肢を選びなさい。
You are staying by yourself in Sydney, Australia, and thinking of eating out. You are searching for tips and find a blog.
Solo Dining
As someone who frequently travels abroad alone, one thing I enjoy is dinner in an elegant restaurant, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable. In many English−speaking countries, eating out by yourself, ”solo dining,” is not common. So, what do you do if it’s just you? Finding a ”table for one” to enjoy dinner can be a big task.
Interestingly, on a recent trip alone to Australia I discovered that solo diners are increasing. I ate dinner at The Weir, a riverside restaurant in Adelaide. Before I went in, I could see diners eating alone on the terrace, while checking their phones. When I entered, in the lounge there were only couples and groups of guests. I was warmly welcomed, taken to the terrace, and enjoyed a delicious meal.
My experience in Adelaide was a turning point in my feelings towards solo dining. Later, I learnt that the rise of the smartphone and social media has led to changes in attitudes towards it for both restaurants and guests. On my next trip to Paris, I will try solo dining at one of the restaurants I have long wanted to go to.
Before the trip to Australia, the author of the blog( ).
You are staying by yourself in Sydney, Australia, and thinking of eating out. You are searching for tips and find a blog.
Solo Dining
As someone who frequently travels abroad alone, one thing I enjoy is dinner in an elegant restaurant, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable. In many English−speaking countries, eating out by yourself, ”solo dining,” is not common. So, what do you do if it’s just you? Finding a ”table for one” to enjoy dinner can be a big task.
Interestingly, on a recent trip alone to Australia I discovered that solo diners are increasing. I ate dinner at The Weir, a riverside restaurant in Adelaide. Before I went in, I could see diners eating alone on the terrace, while checking their phones. When I entered, in the lounge there were only couples and groups of guests. I was warmly welcomed, taken to the terrace, and enjoyed a delicious meal.
My experience in Adelaide was a turning point in my feelings towards solo dining. Later, I learnt that the rise of the smartphone and social media has led to changes in attitudes towards it for both restaurants and guests. On my next trip to Paris, I will try solo dining at one of the restaurants I have long wanted to go to.
Before the trip to Australia, the author of the blog( ).
このページは閲覧用ページです。
履歴を残すには、 「新しく出題する(ここをクリック)」 をご利用ください。
問題
反映中…
共通テスト(英語)試験 令和6年度(2024年度)追・再試験 問16(<旧課程>英語リーディング(第3問) 問1) (訂正依頼・報告はこちら)
次の英文を読み、( )に当てはまる最も適当な選択肢を選びなさい。
You are staying by yourself in Sydney, Australia, and thinking of eating out. You are searching for tips and find a blog.
Solo Dining
As someone who frequently travels abroad alone, one thing I enjoy is dinner in an elegant restaurant, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable. In many English−speaking countries, eating out by yourself, ”solo dining,” is not common. So, what do you do if it’s just you? Finding a ”table for one” to enjoy dinner can be a big task.
Interestingly, on a recent trip alone to Australia I discovered that solo diners are increasing. I ate dinner at The Weir, a riverside restaurant in Adelaide. Before I went in, I could see diners eating alone on the terrace, while checking their phones. When I entered, in the lounge there were only couples and groups of guests. I was warmly welcomed, taken to the terrace, and enjoyed a delicious meal.
My experience in Adelaide was a turning point in my feelings towards solo dining. Later, I learnt that the rise of the smartphone and social media has led to changes in attitudes towards it for both restaurants and guests. On my next trip to Paris, I will try solo dining at one of the restaurants I have long wanted to go to.
Before the trip to Australia, the author of the blog( ).
You are staying by yourself in Sydney, Australia, and thinking of eating out. You are searching for tips and find a blog.
Solo Dining
As someone who frequently travels abroad alone, one thing I enjoy is dinner in an elegant restaurant, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable. In many English−speaking countries, eating out by yourself, ”solo dining,” is not common. So, what do you do if it’s just you? Finding a ”table for one” to enjoy dinner can be a big task.
Interestingly, on a recent trip alone to Australia I discovered that solo diners are increasing. I ate dinner at The Weir, a riverside restaurant in Adelaide. Before I went in, I could see diners eating alone on the terrace, while checking their phones. When I entered, in the lounge there were only couples and groups of guests. I was warmly welcomed, taken to the terrace, and enjoyed a delicious meal.
My experience in Adelaide was a turning point in my feelings towards solo dining. Later, I learnt that the rise of the smartphone and social media has led to changes in attitudes towards it for both restaurants and guests. On my next trip to Paris, I will try solo dining at one of the restaurants I have long wanted to go to.
Before the trip to Australia, the author of the blog( ).
- had mixed feelings about solo dining and worried about finding a table just for himself
- had never experienced solo dining because he had always had someone to dine with
- was negative about solo dining because his requests for a table to dine alone had been rejected
- was positive about solo dining thanks to a good experience at his favourite restaurant in Paris
正解!素晴らしいです
残念...
画像拡大
この過去問の解説 (3件)
01
本文の訳は以下の通りです。
オーストラリアのシドニーに一人で滞在中、外食を考えているあなた。ヒントを探していると、あるブログを見つけました。
一人での食事
海外に頻繁に一人旅する者として、私が楽しむことの一つは、上品なレストランでの夕食です。しかし、時には居心地の悪さを感じることもあります。多くの英語圏の国々では、一人で外食する「ソロダイニング」は一般的ではありません。では、一人だったらどうすればいいのでしょうか?「一人用のテーブル」を見つけて夕食を楽しむのは、大変な作業になることもあります。
興味深いことに、最近オーストラリアへ一人旅した際、一人客が増えていることに気づきました。アデレードの川沿いレストラン「ザ・ウィアー」で夕食をとった時のことです。入店前にテラス席で一人客がスマホを見ながら食事している姿が見えました。店内に入るとラウンジにはカップルやグループ客しかいませんでしたが、温かく迎えられテラス席に案内され、美味しい食事を楽しめました。
アデレードでの体験は、一人での食事に対する私の考え方を変える転機となった。その後、スマートフォンとソーシャルメディアの普及が、レストラン側と客双方の意識変化をもたらしたと知った。次回のパリ旅行では、長年行きたかったレストランの一つで一人での食事に挑戦してみようと思う。
問:オーストラリア旅行前、ブログの著者は( )。
空欄に当てはまる選択肢を確認しましょう。
訳:一人で食事することに複雑な気持ちを抱き、自分だけの席を見つけることに不安を感じていた
本文第1段落一文目に、
As someone who frequently travels abroad alone, one thing I enjoy is dinner in an elegant restaurant, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable.
訳:海外に頻繁に一人旅する者として、私が楽しむことの一つは、上品なレストランでの夕食です。しかし、時には居心地の悪さを感じることもあります。
とあり、著者は不安な気持ちを抱えていたことがわかるので、この選択肢が正解です。
訳:これまで誰かと食事する機会があったため、一人で食事した経験がなかった
本文第1段落一文目に、
As someone who frequently travels abroad alone, one thing I enjoy is dinner in an elegant restaurant.
訳:海外に頻繁に一人旅する者として、私が楽しむことの一つは、上品なレストランでの夕食です。
とあり、著者は一人旅を楽しんでいることがわかるため、誤りです。
訳:一人で食事したいと伝えたが断られたため、一人での食事に否定的な印象を持っていた
一人でのレストラン利用で断られた経験談は本文に記載されていないため、誤りです。
訳:パリのお気に入りのレストランで良い体験をしたおかげで、一人での食事に前向きな気持ちになった
本文3段落に、
My experience in Adelaide was a turning point in my feelings towards solo dining.
訳:アデレードでの体験は、一人での食事に対する私の考え方を変える転機となった。
とあり、著者はパリではなく、アデレードでの体験が転機となっていることがわかる。
よって、誤りです。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
02
記事の全文日本語訳
ソロダイニング(独りでの外食)
私は一人で海外旅行をすることが多いのですが、楽しみの一つは優雅なレストランでのディナーです。しかし、時々居心地が悪く感じることがあります。多くの英語圏の国では、自分一人で外食すること、つまり「ソロダイニング」は一般的ではありません。では、自分一人の時はどうすればいいのでしょうか? ディナーを楽しむための「1人用のテーブル」を見つけるのは、大変な作業になることがあります。
興味深いことに、最近の一人でのオーストラリア旅行で、ソロで食事をする人が増えていることを発見しました。私はアデレードにある川沿いのレストラン「ザ・ウィア(The Weir)」でディナーを食べました。店に入る前、テラス席でスマートフォンをチェックしながら一人で食事をしている人たちが見えました。中に入ると、ラウンジにはカップルやグループ客しかいませんでした。私は温かく迎えられ、テラス席に案内され、美味しい食事を楽しみました。
アデレードでの経験は、ソロダイニングに対する私の気持ちの転換点となりました。後で知ったことですが、スマートフォンやソーシャルメディアの普及が、レストラン側と客側の両方にとって、ソロダイニングに対する意識の変化をもたらしたそうです。次のパリ旅行では、ずっと行きたいと思っていたレストランの一つでソロダイニングに挑戦してみるつもりです。
設問は、
オーストラリア旅行の前、ブログの著者は( )。
とあるので、旅行前の内容をよく理解しましょう。
訳)ソロダイニングに対して複雑な気持ちを抱いており、自分一人のためのテーブルを見つけることを心配していた
→正しい
第1段落に「楽しみだが時々居心地が悪い(mixed feelings)」
「1人用のテーブルを見つけるのは大変な作業(worried about finding a table)」
という記述があり、内容と一致します。
訳)常に誰かと食事をしていたため、ソロダイニングを経験したことがなかった
→間違い
冒頭に「頻繁に一人で海外旅行をする(frequently travels abroad alone)」とあり、一人での外食経験はあります。
訳)一人で食事をするためのテーブルの要求が拒否されたことがあったため、ソロダイニングに否定的だった
→間違い
「大変な作業(big task)」とは述べていますが、実際に拒否(rejected)されたという具体的なエピソードは書かれていません。
訳)パリのお気に入りのレストランでの良い経験のおかげで、ソロダイニングに肯定的だった
→間違い
パリへの旅行は「次(next trip)」の予定であり、過去の経験ではありません。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
03
問題文:オーストラリア旅行の前、ブログの著者は○○
○○に合う文章を選びます。
正解です。
選択肢:一人でご飯を食べることについて複雑な感情をいだき、一人用の席を見つけられるか心配だった。
一段落目で、一人旅でご飯を楽しみつつ、英語圏では一人飯が一般的ではなかったため、時々不快に感じることもあった、一人用の席を見つけられるかは大きなタスクだった、とある事から読み取れます。
不正解です。
選択肢:常にだれかと一緒だったので、一人でご飯を食べた事がなかった。
一段落目より、オーストラリア旅行の前から著者は一人旅の経験があることが読み取れます。
不正解です。
選択肢:一人でご飯を食べるのを断られたことがあったため、悪い印象を持っていた。
一人飯を断られたという記述はありません。
不正解です。
選択肢:パリのお気に入りのレストランでよい経験をしたおかげで、一人でご飯を食べることに良い印象を持っていた。
四段落段落目で次のパリ旅行はずっと行きたかったレストランで一人飯に挑戦したいとあるため、選択肢は矛盾しています。
参考になった数0
この解説の修正を提案する
前の問題(問15)へ
令和6年度(2024年度)追・再試験 問題一覧
次の問題(問17)へ